Chef in Box Websites
- This website Chefinbox.com is made available by JR Foods Pte. Ltd. Any reference to "CIB's", "we", "our" or "us" includes our employees, officers, directors, representatives, agents, shareholders, affiliates, subsidiaries, holding companies, related entities, advisers, sub-contractors, service providers and suppliers.
2. Responsible Use of the CIB Online Services
- Anyone between age thirteen (13) and eighteen (18) may only use the CIB Online Services under the supervision of his/her parent or a legal guardian. If you are a parent/legal guardian and you provide your consent to your teenager's access to and use of the cib online services, you agree to be bound by these terms. Parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. You may need to create and register an account in order to use certain CIB Online Services. In creating an account, you agree to:
> create only one account;
> provide honest, accurate, current and complete information regarding yourself;
> keep your information updated and accurate;
> keep your account password private and not share it with others; and
> notify us if you discover or suspect that your account has been hacked or its security breached
You also agree to take responsibility for all activities on or under any account registered to you and you accept all risks for any unauthorized use of your account.
You are responsible for providing the equipment and services that you need to access and use the CIB Online Services. We do not guarantee that the CIB Online Services are accessible on any particular equipment or device or with any particular software or service plan.
We reserve the right, without notice and in our sole discretion at any time, to terminate your right to access and use the CIB Online Services or any component of them and to block or prevent future access to and use of the CIB Online Services and to delete your account and any related information. Any obligation or liability incurred prior to our termination of your access to the CIB will survive such termination.
- Any material you download, including but not limited to software, files, graphics, data or any other content, is owned by CIB or its licensors. You may not redistribute or sell the material, nor may you reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise convert it to any other form usable by humans.
- The Website and the Services available through the Website may contain links to other third party websites, including (without limitation) social media platforms ("Third Party Websites"). CIB does not control these sites, and you access them solely at your own risk. If you link to Third Party Websites, you may be subject to those Third Party Websites’ terms and conditions and other policies.
- We do not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on the Website, and we may, at our sole discretion, remove any infringing Content if we are of the view that such Content infringes on another's intellectual property rights or our own.
- Hyperlinks provided on this Website to non-CIB's sites, are provided "as is" and CIB's does not necessarily agree with, edit or sponsor the content on such websites. No person, business or website may frame this Website or any of the pages on this Website in any way whatsever.
- Chef in Box makes no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of this site's content. This site and the materials, information, services, and products in this site, including, without limitation, text, graphics, and links, are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, CIB disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, freedom from computer virus, and warranties arising from course of dealing or course of performance. CIB does not represent or warrant that the functions contained in the site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes the site available are free of viruses or other harmful components. CIB does not make any warranties or representations regarding the use of the materials in this site in terms of their completeness, correctness, accuracy, adequacy, usefulness, timeliness, reliability or otherwise. In addition to the above, you (and not CIB) assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair or correction.
4. Provision of the CIB Online Services
- We are constantly improving the CIB Online Services to provide the best possible experience for you and other users. You acknowledge and agree that the CIB Online Services, or certain features of the CIB Online Services, may change from time to time without notice to you. Any new feature that augments, enhances or modifies the current CIB Online Services is subject to these Terms.
You acknowledge and agree that we may decline to provide access to the CIB Online Services or stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the CIB Online Services (or any feature, program or content within the CIB Online Services) to you or other users at our sole discretion, without notice or liability to you. You may stop using any part of the CIB Online Services at any time. You do not need to specifically inform us when you stop using the CIB Online Services.
You acknowledge and agree that if we disable access to your account, you may be prevented from accessing the CIB Online Services, your account details, or any files or other content which are contained in your account.
If you use a mobile device to access the CIB Online Services, the following additional terms and conditions ("Mobile Terms") also apply:
> You agree that you are solely responsible for all message and data charges that apply to use of your mobile device to access the CIB Online Services. All such charges are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider. Please contact your participating mobile service provider for pricing plans, participation status and details.
> You understand that wireless service may not be available in all areas at all times and may be affected by product, software, coverage or service changes made by your service provider or otherwise.
> Additional terms and conditions may apply to your use of our mobile applications based on the type of mobile device that you use.
> When you opted in to participate in one of our text message programs, you provided your advance consent to receive text messages from an automated system. Your consent was not and is not required as a condition of purchasing any property, goods, or services from us. If you wish to withdraw your consent and unsubscribe, please text STOP to the appropriate shortcode.
> Message frequency depends on the program.
Your access to and use of the CIB Online Services via your mobile device confirms your agreement to the mobile terms, as well as the rest of these terms.
5. Loyalty Programmes & Competitions (where applicable)
- Chef in Box may offer a loyalty programs. If we do not offer any loyalty programs, clauses 3.ii and 3.iii of these Terms do not apply to you.
- To the extent Chef in Box offers participation in certain loyalty program/s, the details are as listed on the Website. Should you be a member of any such loyalty program and wish to earn loyalty rewards or discounts on CIB's products, please refer to the loyalty program link on the Website.
- If you are already a member of Chef in Box’s loyalty program, you can check your balance by following the loyalty program link on the Website.
6. Product Sales and Availability
All products and offers available through the CIB Online Services will be delivered only within the Singapore. All prices displayed on the CIB Online Services are quoted in Singapore Dollars and are valid and effective only in the Singapore. Chef in Box reserves the right without prior notice to discontinue or change pricing and other specifications on products offered through the CIB Online Services.
- We only accept Credit Card and Paypal payments;
- There is strictly no refund, change or cancellation once the order has been confirmed or payment has been made.
- Chef in Box reserves the right to cancel orders and accounts if fraud activities are detected.
- Chef In Box currently delivers to most areas in mainland Singapore. A delivery fee of S$7 is applicable for orders below S$50 nett. A S$10 surcharge is applicable for the following areas: Lim Chu Kang, Meranti, Neo Tiew, Marina Bay Sands, Seletar, Tengah Air Base, Jurong Industrial Area, Tuas, Loyang and Changi/ Pasir Ris. At this point, we do not deliver to Sentosa Island.
- Delivery (worth S$7) is extended Free-of-Charge for orders above S$50 nett. A separate S$10 surcharge is applicable for the following areas: Lim Chu Kang, Meranti, Neo Tiew, Marina Bay Sands, Seletar, Tengah Air Base, Jurong Industrial Area, Tuas, Loyang and Changi/ Pasir Ris. This $10 surcharge is strictly non-waivable for deliveries to the locations listed above.
- A S$3 surcharge applies for delivery timings between after office hours, between 6pm-9pm.
- Delivery slots are subject to availability.
- Chef In Box aims to deliver the products to your delivery address within the delivery time frame selected by you, but does not and cannot guarantee that the delivery time frames will be met as there may be factors outside of our control which may result in early or delayed deliveries. Chef In Box shall not be liable for any deliveries made outside the delivery time frame.
- If no one is at the delivery location to receive the order during the chosen delivery slot, Chef In Box reserves the right to reschedule or cancel the delivery and charge you a re-delivery fee of S$7.
- If there is any damaged or incorrect product(s) (including delivery of additional product(s) not ordered by you), please return the product(s) to our delivery representative immediately at the point of delivery. Chef In Box at its sole discretion, will offer a replacement or refund of the damaged or incorrect product(s), or arrange for the re-delivery, collection and/or return of the incorrect product(s). Chef In Box at its sole discretion, may or may not offer a replacement or refund the incorrect product(s) if the issue is brought to the attention of Chef In Box after our delivery representative has left your premises.
- All orders made by you are subject to stock availability. Chef In Box reserves the right to cancel, amend or reject your order in whole or in part, at any time and without liability or compensation, where any product is out of stock, damaged or spoilt, or unavailable for any other reason.
10. Return & Exchanges
- Chef In Box reserves the right to refuse any return and exchange due to the stringent cold-chain process for the manufacturing and delivery of our products.
- Any return and exchange of item(s) will not be permitted once it has been delivered.
11. Promotions, Voucher Codes and other privileges and programmes
- The following terms shall apply to the use of vouchers, promotions and codes (“Voucher Codes”):
- Each Voucher Code is only eligible for a single use and is only valid for the time period specified by Chef In Box.
- The Voucher Codes may only be redeemed by purchasing certain products from Chef In Box during the applicable validity period. Unless otherwise stated, Voucher Codes do not apply to the stipulated delivery charges.
- Use of any Voucher Code must be indicated at the Cart page, and all information required by Chef In Box must be provided. No retroactive use of the Voucher Code is permitted.
- Voucher Codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion, voucher, coupon, code or offer, including but not limited to discounted sale items, unless otherwise stated.
- A minimum spend may be required before use of the Voucher Code is permitted.
- Voucher Codes cannot be refunded, redeemed or exchanged for cash.
- No reproduction, alteration, adaptation, tampering, distribution, publication, broadcast or other communication or dissemination of Voucher Codes is allowed.
- Voucher Codes are non-replaceable if lost, stolen, destroyed, duplicated, tampered with or otherwise misappropriated or fraudulently used.
- Chef In Box reserves the right to verify the validity of any Voucher Code and to declare null and void, any Voucher Code which in our opinion has been stolen, duplicated, tampered with, or which is suspected to have been misappropriated or fraudulently obtained or used.
- Chef In Box reserves the right to vary or impose such other terms and conditions as we deem appropriate from time to time by posting the varied terms and conditions on the Site.
- Where any free gift is offered as part of a promotion, the free gift is offered on a "first come first serve" basis and while stocks last basis. No cash will be offered in lieu of the gift.
- Chef In Box's decision on all matters relating to promotions, discounts, Voucher Codes and other privileges is final and binding.
- Chef In Box reserves the right to discontinue any promotion, discount, Voucher Code programme, contest, privileges or programme at any time without prior notice or liability.
12. Chef in Box Online Store
The following additional terms and conditions apply to your use of the Chef in Box Online Store:
- Site Transactions. We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may limit or cancel purchases at any time for any reason. If we change or cancel an order, we will attempt to notify you using the email and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that we believe, in our sole discretion, may be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
- Returns and Pricing. Certain products sold through the CIB Online Store may be subject to return or exchange only online through the applicable return policy.
13. Errors and Inaccuracies
The CIB Online Services may contain errors, inaccuracies or omissions related to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, availability and other information. If any information in the CIB Online Services is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, we reserve the right to correct, change or update such information or to cancel orders related to such information (including after you have submitted an order) without prior notice and issue a refund for amounts paid. We cannot guarantee that your computer’s display of color or other product features is accurate. If any product that you purchase is not satisfactory to you, your sole remedy is to return it (unused) for a refund.
14. Intellectual Property
- We reserve all rights (including all intellectual property rights) not expressly granted herein to the Website and the Content we make available on or via the Website.
- You agree to not engage in the use, copying, or distribution of any of the Content other than as expressly permitted herein, including any use, copying, or distribution of Content of third parties obtained through the Website for any commercial purposes. If you download or print a copy of the Content for personal use, you must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein.
- You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security related features of the Website or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Website or the Content therein. All moral rights of CIB's and its employees/agents are reserved.
- Any reproduction, modification, creation of derivative works from or redistribution of the Website, the Content, or the collective work or compilation is expressly prohibited. Copying or reproducing the Website, the Content, or any portion thereof to any other server or location for further reproduction or redistribution is expressly prohibited.
- You may not decompile or disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover any source code contained in the Services. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any aspect of the Services.
Chef in Box controls and operates this Site from the company's headquarters in Singapore. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore. We in no way warrant or imply that the materials on the Site are appropriate for use outside of Singapore. If you use the Site from a location outside of Singapore, you are solely responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
17. General Provisions
No delay or failure on the part of CIB to enforce any part of these Terms will constitute a waiver of any of CIB rights under these Terms whether for past or future actions on the part of any person. Neither the receipt of any funds by CIB nor the reliance of any person on CIB actions will be deemed to constitute a waiver of any part of these terms. Only a specific, written waiver signed by an authorized representative of CIB will have any legal effect whatsoever. If any provision of these Terms is determined to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable under present or future law, such provision will be deemed to be deleted without affecting the enforceability of all remaining provisions. These Terms will inure to the benefit of and will be binding upon each party’s successors and assigns. These Terms and the rights granted hereunder may be assigned by CIB but you may not assign them without the prior express written consent of CIB. The headings and captions contained herein are for convenience only.